Sunday, July 31, 2011

What a Steal!

Faced with excruciating heat and humidity for over a month now (I miss you Vienna!), it’s been hard for me to look forward to anything other than:

A. A refreshing smoothie (via Smoothie King - Strawberry X-Treme)

B. Yummy ice cream

C. Any place with air conditioning!

Being the fashionista that I am, the above is really saying something. Normally my mind is preoccupied with thoughts on Fashion (with a capital F).

The other day, however, I came home to a package addressed with my name. Yay! Because I had just ordered something (to be revealed - take a guess!) from J. Crew’s online website last weekend, I had a feeling what might be waiting inside…

My J.Crew cardigan!

Opening the package revealed that I was right, my Liberty of London floral printed cardigan had finally arrived! And it’s lovelier than I could have imagined – the image online doesn’t do it justice. Upon examining my new cardigan, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Liberty of London print was silk and not cotton. From seeing it online, the entire cardigan appeared to be of the same fabric. In love with all prints (especially floral), this cardigan was meant for me.

An impeccable white cardigan with floral patches on the front and a solid back was exactly what I needed to boost my mood!

And the fact that I received free shipping + an extra 40 percent off the sale price…is icing on the cake. What would have cost $128 ended up being $25! Score! Although I’ve never been a compulsive online shopper (except for ogling after swoon-worthy high-end items, of course!), this deal at J.Crew.com was too good to pass up.

Close-up of front detailing

While I haven’t officially worn my new cardigan (other than trying it on – it fits perfectly!), I have constantly been thinking of the endless number of outfit combinations that I must try. With a skirt, paired with jeans, over an LBD…

Now that I own an authentic Liberty of London print (Liberty of London for Target doesn’t count!), I can’t wait to invest in more.

Extreme close-up of Liberty print (isn’t is cute?)

For those who are unfamiliar with Liberty of London, it’s a long-established department store in London (hence the name!). It all began when Arthur Liberty traveled the world in search of beautiful and inspiring items that he believed would attract clientele. When Arthur opened Liberty of London, he hoped that he could “change the look of home wares and fashion.”

In the early days, Liberty fabrics were used to make all of the clothing and furnishings sold in the store. Today, however, the department store has expanded to carry clothing from a range of designers (from 3.1 Phillip Lim to Alexander McQueen) as well as accessories, cosmetics, and gifts.

Curious to see what other prints Liberty of London had up there sleeve, I checked out their website and found these great options:

Statement of Inspiration

“The Liberty design studio create new and re-work classic prints every season, inspired by nature, architecture, our heritage and the store itself.”
































All of the fabrics above (and more!) can be purchased at Liberty of London’s website – browse away!

Have you found made any steals at J.Crew lately?

What do you think of my new cardigan, Liberty of London and their fabulous prints?


No comments:

Post a Comment