Sunday, July 24, 2011

Topshop: What I’m Yearning for this Month…

Left click to see larger!

Last month I spotlighted a few of my favorites from Anthropologie; this month (as you’ve probably already guessed from the title) Topshop is on my radar. While I’m not lucky enough to shop at a brick and mortar Topshop store (except for when I visit NYC), I do love perusing their online collection. Catering to a variety of styles, Topshop carries a mixture of everything from bodycon skirts and dresses to smart blazers and fun jewelry. With origins in London and a collaboration line with Kate Moss, it’s no wonder why I love Topshop so much!

Based on the five items that I have selected, the look I am currently going for is polished and prim. Right now, I am especially looking for things that are conventional and can be worn on a number of occasions (and seasons!). Trying something different for July, I created the layout above of my favorite pieces. Because I’ve always been interested in layout design, I thought, why not give it a shot! Let me know what you think!

  1. Peach Double Breasted Gold Blazer – This blazer is so sleek and sophisticated! Not only do I love the color (a fabulous alternative to classic black), but the gold buttons are luxe as well. When paired with a black skirt or white shorts, the effect will surely be phenomenal.
  2. Green Maxi Skirt- While I love my minis, I must say, this green maxi skirt is quite swoon-worthy. In line with Olivia Palermo’s impeccable style, it’s certainly tempting me to go the extra length. Thinking ahead to fall, I imagine it will look superb when worn with a blazer, tights and oxford shoes.
  3. Violet Structure Sleeveless Skater Dress- Although I own many dresses, none of them are as classy and timeless as this one. Everything about it is reflective of my feminine style. In addition to the dress’s classic pleats, I also love its high neckline (very Audrey Hepburn). Perfect length, perfect color, perfect silhouette – what more could I ask for?
  4. Multi Pansy Waterfall Print Shorts- Always say yes to flowers and pleats! Saddened by the thought of ever having to leave my skirts and dresses behind (sigh!), I like how these shorts resemble a pleated skirt in the front. Foolproof on windy days and bursting with color, it’s a keeper!
  5. Black Washed Zip Pocket Rucksack- Tough and edgy, this rucksack immediately reminds me of those biker boots that I failed to purchase last winter (maybe it’s a sign!). While this rucksack doesn’t fit my style, I think that’s why I like it. Although I am hesitant to trade in one of my designer handbags full-time, I wouldn’t mind donning a rucksack such as this one every once in a while.
What are you loving from Topshop this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment