Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Fashion is all around me. It doesn’t matter where I go or what I do, fashion seems to follow.

With over 50 new fashion-related e-mails in my inbox daily, I was overcome with a sudden bout of inspiration. For my blog, I want to write about what is fashionable RIGHT NOW!

What do I adore? Clunky multi-colored bangles, oversized sunglasses, flower-adorned headbands, oh-so-practical cardigans, strands of pearls, statement rings, floral skirts (actually all skirts), sky-high heels, and adorably-crafted flats are just a few of my favorites that I hope to profile on this blog.

Prior to forming my blog, I viewed numerous fashion blogs for inspiration. After much searching, I came across one that was the perfect fit: Tea with BG. This blog is a spin-off of another blog, iamfashion, that I followed religiously until the co-authors created separate blogs. I can relate to the writer, Barneys Girl ("BG"), when she pronounces her latest style obsessions because I feel exactly the same way.

While BG uses her blog as a place to discuss fashion and the latest happenings in her life, mine will solely be fashion-based. I want my blog to serve as a journal documenting the latest trends and, ultimately, become a springboard for me to express what I love - fashion. I will do this by selecting some of the more notable, eye-catching e-mails and searching for similar trends by other designers and retailers.

Most of all, I want my blog to be relatable. When it comes to shopping I am no retail snob – everything from Target and Urban Outfitters up to Saks Fifth Avenue is pretty good in my book.

Though this blog is an assignment for my popular writing class, I hope that it becomes much more. Along the way, I hope to bring a unique angle to fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment