Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brand Image & Clothing Tags: Part I

Whenever I buy new clothes (and bring them home to hang up in my closet), one of the first things that I do is check out their labels. I know that it sounds kind of weird, but it’s so true! It’s interesting to see how designers and brands utilize their clothing tags to represent themselves.

Some things to think about:

  • Does a designer/brand decide to use one consistent tag and logo for all of their clothes or do they change it up each season?
  • What fonts do they use? Bold, all caps/lowercase, serif/san serif, etc.
  • Logo or no logo?

Below are some clothing tags that have recently caught my attention:


Lacoste- Classic and preppy. Lacoste has one of the most iconic logos. I will forever associate the brand with a green alligator.


Christian Dior- known for their coveted couture collections, Dior’s tag reflects timelessness and elegance.


Peter Jensen for Urban Outfitters- I love these elephants! Quirky and fun, they fit in well with the Urban Outfitters image.


Floral ruffled cardigan from Anthropologie- it’s funny, I have no idea the name of this brand. The yellow birdie is cute though!


Pins and Needles (Urban Outfitters) - I love how minimalist this tag is. The safety pin says it all…


Free People- because all of FP’s designs are unique, it’s expected that their tags are equally distinct.


Do you know of any brands or designers who have interesting clothing tags?

Which brand or designer or brand do you think has the most iconic logo?

No comments:

Post a Comment