Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Blog Design + Headbands I Want NOW!

I thought it was about time that Fashion Aficionada got a new face (or at least a better one). As you can see by the new background, I’ve been working on designing a more sophisticated and fashion savvy layout. Although my blog’s makeover is not done, I think it’s looking a lot better! While my previous layout was passé and (let’s face it) boring, this one grabs your attention and appears more professional.

In selecting the background image, I knew that I wanted something that reflected my love for fashion. What I did not want was a generic patterned or solid colored background (blah!). In love with headbands (of every shape, color and size – literally!), I decided to create a mini display of some of my favorites. Using my handy-dandy camera, I narrowed in on a few of my flower adorned headbands and, eureka, a new background image was born!

When did my obsession with headbands begin, you ask? Although it could just be a result of my love for all things feminine and girly, I’m going to take a wild guess and say that Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf (pre-college days) had something to do with it. Always impeccably dressed and carrying the latest designer bag, the Queen Bee showed, time and time again, the power of a good headband. After seasons of drooling over her extensive collection of stunning and over-the-top headbands (and killer wardrobe), there was no turning back.


No one can pull off a headband like B can.

As the headband connoisseur that I am, you can imagine that I am constantly on the lookout for potential headbands to add to my collection. While shopping in Vienna, I was lucky enough to come across Alexandre de Paris, a store located in the Ringstrassen-Gallerien, which specializes solely in hair accessories (you can imagine my delight!). After trying on a few of the store’s elaborate headpieces, I settled with the one pictured below. Adorned with metallic gold and bronze petals, it is absolutely divine. When set against my dark hair, the glimmering flower makes the perfect statement.


Tres Chic!

Keep a lookout in the future for new backdrops!

To keep Fashion Aficionada fresh, I plan on changing the background image every so often. Below are some headbands that I am lusting over right now – enjoy!

Anthropologie

Monarch Wing Headband for $28.00
Anthropologie always has the loveliest headbands. This red one is no exception. With a simple bow and red tribal-inspired pattern, it’s simply adorable.

BHLDN

Feathered Petals Headband for $100.00

Don’t let BHLDN fool you, although it’s a store that primarily caters to future brides, they have some of the most gorgeous headbands. Based on their attention to detail, it’s clear that headbands from BHLDN are made for princesses (and I’m not just referring to Kate Middleton).

Pompom Rose Headband on sale for $75.00
Headbands really do make the perfect statement. Don’t underestimate the power of a good headband. Some days, a pop of blue is all you need.


Voluminous Silk Headband for $130.00
Can a headband really ever be too big? No way!


Unlooped Bow Headband for $72.00
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!

A no-nonsense headband that is both practical and effortless.


Eugenia Kim

Claudia Feather-Embellished Silk-Satin Headband for $125.00
Headbands decked with flowers too girly for you?
Try feathers, they are a bit more grown up. This one is especially versatile when worn with smart blazers and cute skirt/cardigan combos.


Jennifer Oullette

Extra Wide Stripe “Gossip Girl” Turban ($75.00) and Solid Extra Wide Turban ($70.00)
The purple/navy blue/yellow headband has “collegiette” written all over it.
With an extended selection of colored stripe combinations to choose from, your school’s colors just may be represented. And if not, you have to admit, these headbands are too cute to pass up.

Remember, there are also solid colors to select from too! This headband, which is dubbed the “turban” style, is currently on my list of headbands that I need. I have yet to own a turban style headband (hard to believe, I know!).

Cara Accessories

Smashing Pearls Headband for $32.00
Classy and fabulous
, this headband will look superb with any LBD.

Alexandre de Paris

Serre-Tete Couture Beige Headband for €91.00
Handmade in France
, headbands don’t get better than this one.

Candyband Accessories

Whisper Headband for $40.00
Elegant and chic,
this is quintessential for any black-tie affair.

Which headband is your favorite?
Are headbands overdone or are they a timeless addition to any fashionista’s wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment