Thursday, June 30, 2011

Anthropologie: What I’m Yearning for this Month

It’s nearly the end of June. I haven’t blogged in weeks (because I was abroad in Vienna for five weeks! Amazing trip, more on that later). That being said, I think it’s about time that I get back to what I’m good at: talking fashion, of course!

As a fashionista and someone who studies fashion (religiously), I am always observant of what boutiques, designers, and brands have to offer. As far as stores go, Anthropologie is among my favorites. Not only do the artistic and handcrafted interiors and window displays resonate with me, but their clothes are fabulous as well. Whether I am looking for a sweet and feminine dress or a zany/vintage/bohemian looking cardigan, I know that Anthro is the place to go.

Although I am lusting after so many things from Anthropologie, here’s a snippet of some pieces that I have my eye on right now. Enjoy!

Thursday Cropped Blazer for $128.00

My three C’s are applicable once again: Comfy, cute, and casual; seersucker is the quintessential summer fabric. In a pale light blue, with large white buttons, this cropped blazer is just what you need on chilly summer nights (like when toasting marshmallows around a bonfire!). Throw it over an LBD or wear it with your favorite cropped skinnies for an effortless look.

Evening Chill Pullover for $88.00

Not one for fleece sweatshirts (except as loungewear), I am pleased at how undeniably chic this chunky knit pullover is. For some reason, when I see this sweater, I am immediately reminded of the nautical sailor look. Ideal when paired with navy blue shorts and gold jewelry or over a simple floral maxi.

Bottom Line: Pristine white sweaters are so classy and timeless; I can’t imagine one ever becoming passé.

Tip: For a more effortless look, order a size up. Instead of being skin tight, a sweater like this is all the more chic when worn loose.

Gathering Breeze Dress for $258.00

Anything with a lace bodice deserves a spot in my closet. The combination of off-white and green is simply divine. Think of how sophisticated and worldly you would be roaming the streets of Europe in a dress like this. To complete the look, a chic fedora hat and brown leather oxfords are a must.

Bottom Line: Feminine and romantic, this dress is made for a princess. Add a floral headband or bejeweled hair clip for maximum appeal.

Coined Clutch for $128.00
Always on the hunt for unusual or whimsical trinkets, this clutch is comparable to a great vintage find. Decked out in an array of psychedelic colors and patterns, it resonates with my sometimes eclectic style. While I like to keep my ensembles impeccable and flawless, I am not one to shy away from bold accessories.

Bottom Line: A clutch like this is too good to pass up. Way to make a statement!

Blushing Peony Sandals for $98.00

Since I love my flower headbands, it comes as no surprise that these sandals have caught my eye. Precious flowers in cream and coral are the perfect finishing touch to any outfit. Pair with a dainty white blouse and pleated navy blue shorts or a billowy dress.

Perfect for a summer wedding or Sunday brunch with the besties, these sandals are sure to leave a lasting impression. Classic elegance never goes out of style.

What are you loving from Anthropologie this month? Leave a comment below, I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment